The massage candles can make your foreplay very romantic and as this massage quote says: “I hate getting a massage… said no one, ever.” With massage candles, you can give pleasure to your significant other while strengthening your physical and emotional bond.
We could even call the massage candle ‘Candle with Benefits’ – instead of melting down into wax, it becomes oil. This oil will hydrate and condition your skin, whilst making your home smell gorgeous and put you both in a romantic mood.
At the same time, playing with hot temperatures in bed can be a nice way to bring some kink into your sex life.
Massage candle benefits
- melts into warm oil – unlike having cold oil on your skin, the massage candle oil is more pleasant and helps to relax muscles;
- hydrates and condition skin – it has skin softening ingredients
- makes home smell gorgeous
- sets up even more of a romantic mood around you
Massage candles melting time ~20-30 minutes
It takes some time (approximately 20-30 minutes) for the candle to melt into the warm oil. So, let it burn beforehand as you probably won’t want to wait during your foreplay while the candle melts.
How to use the massage candle
As mentioned above – let the candle burn for some 20-30 minutes so it melts. But consider placing it on a stable surface like a chair or shelf next to your bed. The candle can fill your room with a sensual aroma and warm lighting.
Test the temperature with your finger before applying it to wider body parts. When you are happy with the temperature, apply the melted wax onto the skin and let the bliss begin.
Combine sensations – I suggest blindfolding your partner so it will be a bit of a surprise and mystery when the warm liquid wax hits the skin.
Steaming’ hot pro massage tips.
Sharing a sensual massage with your lover is more than just relaxation, it soothes away stress, sinking into sensual pleasure and intimately connecting with your lover. I have collected 6 hot tips in our article on how to give a hot sensual massage. I would also suggest whispering some dirty words or erotic talk into your partner’s ears which will arouse the imagination by letting partners verbalize thoughts and desires about sex.
Massage oil candles skin-softening ingredients
Massage oil typical ingredients:
- Soybean oil – Soybean oil is rich in linoleic acid, antioxidants, and vitamins that protect and nourish your skin. Research says that it also promotes skin barrier recovery
- Shea butter – Shea butter has soothing and anti-aging properties that may make skin appear smoother and reduce aging. In addition, shea butter has extensive anti-inflammatory properties as research has proven.
Important! Do not put the wax inside your body. Massage oil is not lube and shouldn’t be used that way. Oils can also damage latex materials like condoms or dental dams, so be careful with it.
Use massage candles, not regular or household candles for wax play
Using a regular or household candle which is not meant for massages or wax play could result in burns and scars, keep that in mind. Instead, use special candles made for this purpose:
- Massage candles for a light temperature play – usually called “Massage candles”, “Massage oil candles”, “Lotion candles”.
- “Bondage candles” or “wax play candles” for a bondage or wax play, the difference is described below in detail.
Massage candles are soy-based and have a low melting point, but the jar and the candle can reach high temperatures if the candle is lit for a long period of time, so always check the temperature of the wax before every use and never let the candle stay lit for more than one hour.
Wax play Bondage candles vs Massage candle
There is a difference in massage candle, bondage candle and a regular household candles.
Massage candle is a great way to have romantic foreplay and also for beginners if you want to play with temperatures in bed. Once the massage candle melts, it turns into a nice, warm massage oil. If you compare it with standard massage oil – it’s already warm, so unlike having cold oil on your skin, the massage candle oil is more pleasant and helps to relax muscles. In addition, they also smell good – which sets up even more of a romantic mood around you.
Massage candles main features:
- Melts to complete liquid
- Absorbs into the skin
- Not for a pain play, more for relaxation and some light fun.
Upgraded features – kissable massage candles
Me and my husband decided to make the massage candles even more romantic by adding only safe ingredients into the candle and also a light and nice flavor to it. Our Mmm! Massage Candle tastes like wild strawberries so you can get wild and nibble, kiss, lick, and explore every part of your partner.
Bondage candles/BDSM candles
Bondage candles burn a lot hotter than a massage candle. They usually look like a regular household candle but are not suitable for a massage. It also quickly gets back from liquid wax into solid wax – in kinky wax play, you could make interesting art on your partner’s body by mixing up different colors.
Bondage candles main features:
- Designed for moderate pain play – more intense for temperature sensation.
- Not for massage – quickly gets back from liquid wax into solid wax and peels back off from the skin again.
Keep in mind:
- Shave before playing with wax (as otherwise, it could get painful when removing the wax from your body)
- When you put the liquid wax on your partner’s skin, make sure that the distance between the candle and the skin is far enough – the further the distance is, the cooler the wax becomes and less painful it could be.
Regular household candles
Regular household candles are not suitable for wax play – it could result in burns and scars, so do not use regular household candles for wax play
We have also included some wax play and massage candle questions into our new game “Box of Burning Desires“, which is full of ideas on how to keep up the romance and also bring some kinks you’re your bedroom life.
Also, our “Sex Memory Game” includes a game card which instructs to give a sensual massage to your partner – it’s one of my favorite cards… mmm…
Dirty Talk Examples and Quotes
Sexy and Naughty Christmas cards
Why Sex Board Games
If you liked our article, make sure you follow us on social media.