Goal setting, in my opinion, is a very important process of life and New Year’s resolutions for couples are a way to split your life goals into small steps. Make and keep your New Year’s resolutions so that at the end of your life you will not have regrets; when you look back on your life you will be happy about your life, about the time you have spent and about the feelings you have felt.
The statistics are quite … err … ironic—according to U.S. News 80% of New Year’s resolutions Fail. Here is a Business Insider article trying to explain the psychology behind why we are so bad at keeping New Year’s resolutions.
10 New Year’s resolutions for couples to keep your relationships strong
In my opinion, it’s always easier if you do things together—it’s like you make a team with your partner and also work together as a team; you cannot let down your teammate, right? So I have collected 10 New Year’s resolutions for couples to keep your relationship strong.
1. Kiss and hug each other a minimum of twice a day
Make it a ritual to kiss and hug your partner right after you wake up and before going to sleep—this already make a minimum of twice per day. But there is one more thing; don’t forget to put passion into your kiss, passion makes it magical, especially if the kiss comes on your neck.
When it comes to hugging, I love the Be-With brand and clothes—they have special hidden pockets inside the clothes so you can touch and hug each other more often.
2. A Sexy New Year’s Resolutions for Couples: Try a two-week sex marathon
Challenge yourselves to have sex every day/night for two weeks. People tend to make a 30-day sex challenge, but let’s be real; we are not 21 anymore 😀 That’s probably one of the reasons why 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail.
Here are some free printable love and sex coupons to give you inspiration for foreplay and sex ideas.
3. Explore intimacy – schedule one day of sex talk each month
Explore your partner and your intimacy. We get tired of our daily tasks and responsibilities and sometimes we tend to forget about each other and pleasure time. But it does not have to be that way. Instead of watching the TV in the evenings, it’s time to take a break from it and instead explore each other by having meaningful conversations.
We have collected FREE 40 meaningful conversation starters, they are designed and ready to be printed out.
4. Find a hobby together – one of my favorite New Year’s resolutions for couples
Find some hobby together, it does not have to be new one, you probably had some common hobby years ago that you have quit. It’s time to bring it back. I have listed some of my favorite ones:
- Sweat together – couples who do sport together stay together!
- Cooking – help each other in the kitchen
- Reading erotic books – read some really fun parts out loud
- Listen to some good podcasts (each with a different topic) and share with each other what you have learned/heard
5. Show gratitude to your partner
- Help each other – even if you have your specific household tasks, stepping in and helping each other even if it’s not “your task” is a great way of showing gratitude
- Breakfast in bed – let him/her relax a bit and prepare some breakfast in bed
- Pick out something that is his/her favorite—it can be a new shirt or his/her favorite fruit or candy—to remind your partner that he/she is always on your mind
- Say “Thank you” even for the small things
- Learn to admit your mistakes and say sorry
6. Give each other compliments
Sometimes I remind my husband that I need to hear more compliments, but then I thought, hmm, but am I showing the same appreciation to him? Guilty as charged. Here are some reminders of how great we/you are as a couple. I would say that it’s important to say it loud sometimes. Right?
- You are not just my partner, you are my lover and my soulmate.
- We make the best team.
- Thank you for last night. 😏
- I love the way you kiss me.
- Come here, you sexy one!
- I love the way you touch me, kiss me and hug me.
- Your tongue… you know I love it. 😏
- You are the best dad our kids could have.
- I admire your strength and patience. I love you.
7. A Romantic New Year’s Resolutions for Couples: have a sensual massage once a week
I love this quote about massages: “I hate getting a massage … said no one, ever!” Which is kind of true, right? Make yourself a weekly ritual of, say, every Sunday evening pleasuring each other with a romantic massage. And to make it even more enjoyable and romantic we have made kissable massage candles, which will create a romantic light in your room; they smell great and instead of getting cold oil on your skin, the massage candle oil is already warm. Here are some tips on how to use your massage candle in foreplay.
8. Sexy New Year’s resolution for couples: Play together
I would say that couples who play together stay together. Board games are a great way to move yourself away from daily tasks and responsibilities. And imagine if you were to combine playing games together with sex. It’s a fantastic way to make your foreplay and sex playful and fun. We have created sex board games for married couples to strengthen their physical and emotional bond. Here is the short story behind why we decided to create our own Sex Board Games.
The most popular game is the Sex Memory Game with 18+ erotic photos available also on Amazon.
9. Dirty talk – send flirty and naughty messages to each other.
Exchange naughty messages, but make it really personal. Here are some dirty talk examples.
- I need your body pressed against mine. Your warmth. Your smile. Your fingers wrapped around the curves of mine. The taste of your kiss. I need you.
- I want to hold you close skin on skin and let our heartbeats have a conversation.
And even schedule it in your calendars – decide on a date every month when you would like to send a naughty message to each other. We have tried this—it’s really fun and makes you want each other even more.
We have designed 18 naughty love notes, they are ready to be printed out, check out our dirty talk examples article.
10. Go to bed at the same time
As easy as that—cuddle before you fall sleep; let your skin touch. And have a goodnight kiss (and preferably have sex).
Funny New Year’s Resolution Quotes
I like to look at things ironically and have some positive laughs together. And to set a positive mood there, I have collected some funny New Year’s Resolution quotes, enjoy!
- “Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self-assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle.”— Eric Zorn
- “Last year’s resolution was to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. Only 30 pounds to go.”
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions?” Joey Adams
- “My New Year’s resolution list usually starts with the desire to lose between 10 and 3.000 pounds.” – Nia Vardalos
- “What exactly is “a New Year’s resolution”? It’s a “TO-DO” list for the first week of January.”
Can Dirty Talk Increase Sexual Pleasure
Sexy and Naughty Christmas cards
If you liked our article and brand, make sure you follow us on social media.
Married to Charles, mother of two. I work in finance, but currently I’m on maternity leave. I’ll be writing about what it’s like to be in a relationship both as a woman and a mother, while at the same time developing my career. And also, of course, about some of the fun games that we’ve thought of.
Latest in our blog